Februyary 27, 2017 - Service Ski NEWS
Last Email Blast About Skiing!
Congratulations to the Service Cougar State Cross Country Skiers! The boys team was runner up in the state races and Gus Schumacher is the overall State Skimeister! The girls team placed 5th and had some very good individual results! There are not any seniors on the girls state team; so it will be good to have the experience in looking to next year. Additionally, Ryan Brubaker & Caitlin Gohr were selected to the State Good Sport team and the boys took home the state top GPA Award!
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the banquet on Tuesday. It will be held in the Service Cafeteria. Setup begins at 6pm and the banquet runs 6:30-8:30. Fintan Nakada has been pressured into putting together a slide show. J Thank you Fintan! Please email pictures you have taken to email@example.com. Beth Terry is working on getting the AV equipment together to see and hear the music to accompany the slideshow.
For other entertainment – the pressure is on the performers of the Green Grunt Funk poem that was performed at the Valentine’s Day ski race at East High School.
A-E: Dessert items - please bring cutting/serving utensils
F-M: Salad or Side Dish - please bring serving utensils
N-Z: Dinner/Main Dish - please bring serving utensils
Lauri Bassett will be handing off the following items to the next year’s team of boosters. It’s definitely better if these items don’t get lost in the ski room/storage rooms of the school. Interested boosters should plan to bring home a little something from this list.
· Spaghetti Shopper inventory – paper goods (2 large Costco bags)
· Concession bins for items at the wax clinic/concession stands (2 bins)
· Jacket inventory and assorted gear items ( 2 boxes)
· Beverage bins – could stay with whomever has them (Nora Miller for Hot Tang and Ilona from last spaghetti feed)
o Speaking of which – Illona, could you bring the bins filled with water to the banquet. I’ll bring lemonade mix. Sometimes we have access to the kitchen – but not always.
· Tables that travel with Hot Tang – Nora Miller has – but they will be used by JP Tarbath for The Seminar School Tour of Anchorage Feed Station
· Tent bag/tent frame and sled – Nora Miller has. JP Tarbath will use
· Propane, heaters, and tent supplies bin – Nora Miller has
· Christmas decorations to decorate a tree next year
The Ski For Kids is looking for 5 volunteers from Service High School. Please tell Henry if you’re interested. The event is Saturday, March 4 at Kincaid. There are three shifts from which to choose:
The Tour of Anchorage is next Sunday, March 5. SIGN UP! You are all ready for this race! Also -if you have not turned in your uniform, please bring your washed uniform to the banquet. Place it in a bag (like a Fred Meyer grocery bag) and make sure your name is on the bag. State team skiers – please turn in your vests.
Thanks for all everyone has done to make the season successful in so many ways!
Your Service Booster Club